One of my go-to appetizers. Everyone loves this!
- 1 1/2 pounds shredded cheddar cheese (if you bring the cheese to room temperature it will be easier to mix)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, diced
- Dash of hot pepper sauce (about 1 teaspoon)
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Turn into a 6 1/2" springform pan or a regular dish lined plastic wrap.
- Chill 3 - 4 hours.
- Unmold onto a serving plate and spread the top with raspberry preserves.
- Serve with Ritz Crackers.
Recipe Credit: I have had this recipe for 40 years. I do not remember where I first got it.