- 1 stick of butter - 8 Tablespoons
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 large bananas, halved lengthwise and then cut in half
- Vanilla ice cream
- Optional - 1/2 cup of rum or banana liqueur
- In a large skillet, over medium, heat the butter and brown sugar until the mixture begins to gently bubble.
- When the mixture is ready, about 4 minutes, add the bananas.
- Gently stir the bananas until tender. About 3 or 4 minutes.
- Immediately spoon over the ice cream.
- This is not a do-ahead recipe.
- If you have room in your freezer you can pre scoop the ice cream.
- Feel free to add a 1/2 cup of rum after the bananas are tender and continue cooking for about a minute. My family prefers no rum.
Recipe Credit: This is a compilation of many recipes. To be honest, I have never written down the directions. It's hard to mess up. Adding 1/2 of rum or banana liqueur adds more liquid. However, this is a very rich dessert and a little goes a long way.