My sisters and brothers grew up eating Mamaw’s Spanish Rice.
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 flat teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet saute onion in butter until translucent
- Add chili powder and salt
- Add rice and water, cover, and bring to a boil
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or per directions
- I also use chicken broth in place of water to add flavor.
- Feel free to add your favorite Mexican spices.
- This recipe can be doubled.
Recipe Credit: Mamaw