I make these on Thanksgiving and Christmas morning and serve with bacon and eggs. They will usually tide everyone over until lunch is served. Growing up Mother and Mamaw were up at the crack of dawn to start the turkey. I start a little later and serve around 2.
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- 6 Tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of water (very important)
- 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 10 count Pillsbury Big Country Biscuits
- 1 5 count Pillsbury Big Country Biscuits
- Check the biscuit can for oven preheating instructions.
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour into a 13x9x2 cake pan.
- Add syrup, water, and brown sugar and spread evenly in the pan.
- Sprinkle pecans if desired.
- Top with biscuits.
- Bake according to biscuit directions.
- See Recipe Notes for plating.
- Plating the biscuits. Place a large dishtowel on the counter. Set the pan on top and cover the pan with an inverted cookie sheet (it is best to use one with sides). Gather the towel around the 2 pans, holding it in the middle tightly with your right hand. Place your left hand under the pans and flip them over quickly. The towel prevents burns from the hot syrup.
- For a smaller quantity: 3 Tablespoons each of butter and syrup, 1 Tablespoon of water, 2/3 cup packed brown sugar, 1 5 count Pillsbury Big Country biscuits, or 1 10 count small biscuits.
Recipe Credit: Patricia Nunn Clowdus