- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons clear corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- Mix water, vanilla, corn syrup, and meringue powder in a mixing bowl and whisk for about 30 seconds, with a hand whisk, until puffy.
- Pour all the powdered sugar into the mixing bowl.
- Beat on lowest speed for 2 minutes. Do not over mix. Overmixing will cause air bubbles.
- Separate icing into smaller containers before adding food coloring.
Recipe Credit: Cindi in South Flor