- 2 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and slowly add sugar and then vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoons 1 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or use Silpat.
- Bake at 275° until barely brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place on baking sheets in the preheated oven and turn the oven off. Leave the cookies (“forget” them) in the over for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Optional: Gently fold in chocolate chips or nuts before you drop the cookies on the baking sheet.
- I usually double the recipe