Photo Credit: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 1 large head regular cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1 pound baby Romanesco cauliflower, or regular, cut into small florets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Roast the vegetables: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss together vegetables and oil in a large bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Spread vegetables evenly on 2 rimmed baking sheets, and roast until golden, mixing halfway through, about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, make the vinaigrette: Transfer pomegranate juice to a bowl. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper
- Just before serving, drizzle vinaigrette over warm vegetables, and toss with pomegranate seeds.
- Most stores will have pomegranate juice and pomegranate seeds already "popped" from the pomegranate. Look for Pom Poms Ready-to-Eat Pomegranate Arils.
Recipe Credit: Recipe and Photo Credit: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009