Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is my husband’s favorite holiday and was my stepfather Joe’s favorite holiday. There is something about Thanksgiving…maybe it’s simpler. Family, friends, a meal that you can count on, and traditions.
Breakfast of sticky buns, bacon, and homemade banana or pumpkin bread. Then a traditional Thanksgiving meal: turkey with gravy and cranberry sauce, Mamaw’s dressing (stuffing), sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and Parker House rolls. Every recipe was handed down from mamaw and Mother. I’ve been eating and/or preparing the same meal for 65 years! Unless I was a guest at someone else’s table.
- Patricia’s Sticky Biscuits (recipe included)
- Eggs and Bacon
The Main Event
- Shelley’s Thanksgiving Turkey (recipe included)
- Turkey Gravy (recipe included)
- Spiral Cut Ham (follow directions on package)
- Mamaw’s Turkey Dressing (recipe included)
- French’s Green Bean Casserole (recipe included)
- Madison and Jacob’s Favorite Sweet Potato Casserole (recipe included)
- Cranberry Sauce (I use Ocean Spray Jellied and Whole Berry)
- Pumpkin Pie
- Mamaw’s Chocolate Cake (recipe included)
- Parker House Rolls
Enjoy the leftovers! Happy Thanksgivng!