For a long as I can remember we have had Mamaw’s Turkey Dressing every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s not Thanksgiving in our house without Mamaw’s Dressing.
- 2 6 ounce package cornbread mix - baked and crumbled
- 5 slices of bread - cut into small squares. Let the bread dry out a bit so it's easier to cut.
- 4 stalks celery, chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 1 Large onion, chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 2 Tablespoons Rubbed Sage (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth (or enough to make it really mushy)
- Mix all ingredients. I add the chicken broth last. Bake in 2 loaf pans at 350° for one hour.