This brisket has always been a favorite! I even have one grandson who had never eaten brisket ask for seconds and even makes requests. I make this brisket at least three times a year. Rosh Hashanah, Passover, and Hanukkah. Clifton makes a pretty great brisket!
- 1 Brisket (ask the butcher what will be most tender)
- 1 bottle of Chile Sauce (I use Heinz)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 1 bottle of beer, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350-375°.
- Rub onion soup into the brisket.
- Lay brisket in the pan, fat side up.
- Spread chile sauce over the brisket.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and pour beer into the pan.
- Recover and bake about another 2 hours, until very tender.